Product Description & Reviews
The Graduated Neutral Density Filter is used for Cinematography. 50% of the filter is clear and 50% has a Neutral Density of 0.3 (1 stop). The transition from clear to ND is done with a Soft Edge (SE) transition line. Soft Edge grads lines are used with wide angle and normal focal length lenses. Graduated Neutral Density filters are used to balance exposure within a scene. One very common use is to balance the exposure of sky and earth in a landscape, avoiding overexposed blank white skies.To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars.
Features & Highlights
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
- Schneider Graduated Color filter feature crystal clear, water-white optical glass, protected against edge-chipping and delamination by Schneider's unique Edge Seal, which also significantly reduces edge reflections and flare
|Item Weight:||3.02 pounds|
|Package Size:||3 x 2 x 2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.